I recently discovered a fear I have for one of my friends,
she is a widow and has fallen head over heals for a man she hardly knows.
He claims to be extremely rich, but wants to move in with her while looking for a house…
They have known each other less the a month and he refuses to meet her daughter or any of her friends.
So I found a couple of warning signs that I think might help if you have someone in a similar situation:
– Watch out for these red flags when you start dating someone –
- Promising way too much in the beginning and never coming through.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- If they say “I love you” after a couple of meetings, take that as a red flag, this is not the movies, love takes time.
- The person usually is secretive about where they live, their family, their associates, and their friends.
- Will give you an excuse as being “raised this way” or wanting “things to be private for a while” They will not talk about their past, usually to keep you at length.
- Pay attention to what they do say as a scammer usually slips up.
- The person has a sudden crisis and needs help, this will happen frequently.
- Let’s face it, you barely know the person and is expecting help from you? A huge red flag.
- The crisis will happen when you are enjoying doing something else without them and will happen on a frequent basis in order to control you and to keep the scam going.
- They have a a constant medical crisis for example and they need your money quick.
- Other examples maybe their car is always breaking down, they need money to see you, a family member needs money to save their home, etc.
- If you do decide to help financially, the person is instantly quite distant and ignore you, you can’t get a hold him/her for days, or they had to take an un-expected trip.
- They will not account for the money you just provided them.
- If you push this, they will threaten to leave you in a way to dis-arm your accusations and turn the tables on you claiming you are insecure or you don’t trust them.
- Does the person have a secret friend? Watch how frequently this person is on the phone while with you, usually a scammer has an associate he/she is working with for advice to keep you on the hook.
Remember, no money being transacted in any relationship, no matter how much in love you are for a year.
Just think to yourself, how did this person get by before you, they can get by just fine if their love is legitimate for you.
Throwing money at any relationship never works, you will slowly build up a deep-seated resent for the person.
Please be safe out there ladies!
This information was required here and is not my own words.
I am merely sharing it with you since it is close to my heart.